|1. Check all rollers for proper durometer and stripe. (Especially ink / water form and distribution rollers) adjust or replace as necessary.
2. Check blankets for proper packing and relationship to bearer.
3. Completely flush and wipe dampening system and reservoirs using hot water and vinegar solution.
4. Test Day: Mix fresh fountain solution, paying close attention to conductivity. (Conductivity should be 800-1200 mhos over the incoming tap water. If customer uses isopropyl alcohol (IPA), add IPA after proper conductivity has been achieved.
5. A minimum of 1000 sheets of a good gloss coated 80# text stock should be used for the test. The sheets should be acclimated to the pressroom at least 24 hours before the test.
6. Once your standard ink densities are achieved, the press must be allowed to run for the duration without intervention from the operator i.e. (adjusting keys, sweep, or water.) This should be done during make ready.
7. Pull 3 sheets after the first 50 good sheets and every 100 sheets there after. The sheets should be saved and numbered accordingly.
8. When the testing is complete the sheets will be returned to Tech Service where a report will be generated from the information obtained during the test.
9. Once the results of the test have been reviewed, a meeting should be scheduled to discuss the results.